Summer to Fall with Sade B. Strehlke of the Icon Conciergeby twoandseven on Jul 30, 2012 • 4:05 pm No Comments
Umm, hey there July, where did you go?! Summer is flying by, and fall is fast-approaching. It’s about that time when our wardrobes are stuck in that end-of-season limbo: stores are clearing out summer apparel while fall merchandise begins to trickle in. But fear not, season-conscious style mavens: Sade Strehlke of the Icon Concierge escorts us through the transition with her favorite summer-to-fall pieces that will make easing into the season a stylish cinch!
I started The Icon Concierge as a way to share my favorite online fashion finds. In the year since its launched I’ve evolved ICON to include designer interviews, reviews on fashion shows around the world and pics of my own personal style. My original mission statement was to, “update and inform individuals on the most stylish happenings in the world,” and I think I’ve stayed pretty true to that. Whether it’s fashion week in New York or Amsterdam I try to give my readers something unique and original to aspire to. - Sade B. Strehlke, the Icon Concierge
1. Striped Maxi, Soft Joie – Maxi dresses are great staple closet pieces. This one is very on-trend with the stripes. Wear with booties, a printed blazer or leather vest. Finish off with a statement necklace.
2. Rag & Bone, Ombre Jeans – Ease your way into fall, literally! Wear with a black blouse to even out the colors.
3. Runway Moto Jacket, BCBGMaxAzria – I always splurge on one item per season. THIS is it! Loving the bold colors for Fall.
4. Alexander Wang Aida Pumps – Everyone needs a bright hue shoe in their closet.
5. Two Tone Leather Vest, KARL – A great leather vest is a staple. Pair over a silk blouse, mini dress or denim for a bit of tough glam.
6. Belle by Sigerson Morrison Wedges – What better way to welcome Fall by wearing a low-heel suede bootie with a sliver of silver.
7. Printed Jacket, Clover Canyon - Welcome Fall with this lightweight printed jacket, by one of L.A.’s hottest new designers, Clover Canyon.
8. Animal Print Cropped Faux Fur Jacket, DKNY – Animal prints belong in everyone’s closet. Grab this faux-fur pick from DKNY. It’s cropped so it won’t weigh you down, but will keep you warm as the weather chills.
9. 3.1 Phillip Lim 31-hour Oversized Clutch – I am usually a big bag girl, however I’m loving clutches lately. This oversized pick from Phillip Lim serves both my needs. Loving the lemon color!
10. Tory Burch iPhone Case - Incorporate two of the most popular trends—color and animal print onto your tech gadgets.